Introducing the New Cover Girl Model...

He Strikes again... On Wednesday Graham and I were at The Cripes watching George & Charlie. I typically put Graham down for his nap in Charlie's room but since he was home and needed his room to play and rest in I put him down in his pack n' play in George's parents room. When setting up his bed I walked around the room thinking like toddler and removed glasses of water, books, magazines and anything that could potential be dangerous. After 2 hours Charlie told me he heard Graham and asked if he could go get him, I said sure! Immediately after opening the door he yelled, "Sara, Graham painted my parent's room!" I sprinted upstairs to find Graham looking like a Geisha doll covered from head to toe in Cover Girl Cream Foundation followed by, "Mama, I Pretty"! Picasso didn't just stop with himself, he continued with abstract paintings all over the duvet, shams, sheets, bed skirt, carpet, dresser, doors, and then he helped himself into George's dads closet and ran his make-up covered man-sized-hands on his beautiful pressed dress shirts, suits and ties!

Overwhelmed with the disaster clean-up and watching and entertaining the kids to prevent any future disasters I called my little brother, Sam, who came running to the rescue to help. After, 2 hours of spray wash, oxy clean, soaking, scrub brushes, tooth brushes, phone calls for secret potions, running to the dry cleaners and being drenched with sweat, I melted down. By the time George's mom arrived home I was in hysterics bawling my eyes out! I felt so horrible that her beautiful bedding and his clothes had been destroyed by my son! She was more than understanding and said, "It's just things, what's important is everyone is alive." She is so beyond amazing and I appreciate her sympathy tremendously but, I'm still sick about it!

I didn't have a split second to document the incident with a camera but I did take this one with my phone when I dragged him outside before I stripped him down! Oh Heaven HELP ME!!!!! He is not even Two and it is Terrible! Mother's of curious, coordinated, Captains of destruction please let me know your tactics and techniques!?

7 comments:

Sanders Family said...

Bless your heart. I just about died for you while reading your post. I have a feeling my little one is going to be following in the steps of Graham soon. So once you have it figured out please pass along advice to me!

H and E said...

Oh my I think I want to cry for you as I am reading this, YOU NEED THE TENT!!!! Seriously I can't imagine your horror, how does he do it so fast....he is a little spit fire that is for sure!

rachel june* said...

I can literally feel your pain, frustration, tears, sweat, stress, etc.etc etc!!! Straight jacket? j/k Besides watching them like a hawk....i'm clueless? And that is draining to say the least. I second the crib tent! my S-I-L had on and loved it. they are about 90 bucks, but I've seen them at kid to kid for about 20. Or remove everything in his room but a mattress. Hard & especially since you arent home all the time!!!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Your mom told me the story a few days ago...YIKES! I would have freaked out too! He is so full of it! I am going to say that this is just a phase. Sam use to put fruit in the toaster, climb on the counter and get the knives, and dump out food from the pantry.

I really think you are doing a great job, just hang in there. Toddlers are cute for this very reason.

Jessica Madsen said...

You have your hands full there with that little hunk. It's easy for me to say now, but I promise you will look back on this one and have a good laugh. Kids are kids, and heaven knows boys will be boys. You are an excellent mom, and there is not more you can do than what you are doing. I think Marjory Pay Hinkley said it best..."In this life you can choose to either laugh or cry when times get tough. I prefer to laugh because crying gives me a headache!" It's true, sara, life is full of it's ups and downs and being a mom is one if lifes greatest challenges. You are sincerely doing an excellent job!

Brewer Family said...

This is the greatest story! He is so funny! You really are the best mom! So patient! Bless your heart! IT's a good thing he is so darn cute!

Janelle said...

Sara Jane... I'm dying,, just dying.... I can't remember my girls doing anything like that... but I know my friend who had a little terrier boy used a make shift tent on their crib...good luck, and keep writing these things down.. you'll enjoy the stories in about 5 years!

Visits from my friends!