5 Years Ago Today ...

... I was on my semester abroad living in London! Whenever it is rainy, like today, it always makes me think of the amazing three months I spent in England. My friend Anya was having the same thought this morning and scanned and emailed me these pics! I was laughing so hard I cried, so i thought I would share!

Paris Cemetery in the rain, we visited Jim Morrison's grave and there was crazy mourning and drugs going down!




1.The Girls from the group
2.Look Out spot in Budapest
3.Thugin' in our free Swiss hats



1. Swiss thugs at the train station bathroom where we would pay to shower but not wash our hair, too expensive!
2. Showing off our Swiss army knife loot on the main street at the base of the Matterhorn
3-4. Statues and a Church, can't remember the location!!!






1. Don't Judge .. we hadn't washed our hair in 14 days! Well, judge if you wish that is pretty disgusting!
2. Walking thru the Keukenhof tulip gardens EVERYONE should put this on their list of must visit!
3. Back packing in Heidelberg Germany 1. Don't know the middle girl with the beer, but her friends are our backpacks that we would dress up and put in our train when it was boarding so we would have more room... didn't really work!
2. I can't remember... uh?
3. Budapest look out, acting like dragons with leaves stuck to our face... WEIRD?



Cydnee, Anya & me at a beach on the way to Stonehenge


The whole crew minus Ashlee waiting at the WRONG airport on our way to Paris, who knew London had 3 major airports ... not US! We ended up taking the Chunnel!

My amazement at this mans braid at the Hard Rock in Denmark! Impressive!

8 comments:

AJones said...

OHH This makes me so excited! I wish I had a cute group of friends that could go with me! Or a fun cousin...jeez why sis you have to up and have a baby...alright he is pretty cute!

Nate and Jen Poulson said...

I love it! You look so young.

The Johnson's said...

Too fun. Your lucky to have gone some place like that and I bet the memories are awesome! And you still look the same, not that Jenny thinks you look old now.

Janelle said...

Has it been 5 years?? Wow, that was such a fun time for you. I loved hearing about your adventures! Europe is just too dang awesome to visit just once. I can't wait to take Bren there. Love the 14 grease pile on top of your head.

Jordan said...

wow... five years ago today.. I don't even want to think about what I was doing..

Administrator said...

Oh those were the best days! You totally didn't make that clear that you went 14 days without showering. I have to share that for everyone to read since you shared that at my wedding dinner and Blake's grandma is convinced that is a normal thing and that I still don't shower! I only wish I was joking! You also forgot to mention how on the 14th day no one would sit by us on the subway because we looked so homeless....We asked some girls by us about where a shopping center was and they jumped. They were too scared to talk to us.

A few things you also forgot to mention…

1. How we ate so many pastries at one of those cute corner bakery shops in Paris they refused to sell us anymore....and it happened to us at two different shops.

2. How you shared a bed with a guy...a gay guy. You really took one for the team on that! Thanks!

3. How we were too poor to pay for places to stay so we slept on train station floors, parks, burger king, under luggage racks on trains, and some other really weird places.

4. How we didn't have a place to stay so we used butter knives to break into our old flat!

5. This is the best memory…. when you danced at a Gay and Lesbian parade.

My post is getting to be a novel so I won’t put anymore great Sara memories. I am so glad you were in London. It made things so much fun!

Administrator said...

I forgot when we were sleeping at one of the train stations and there was a homeless man trying to get money and you put your hat out and joined him...and you actually got some money!

H and E said...

5 years, wow we are getting old! I love the old school pictures...you are hot and don't deny it! I want to go to Europe so bad, can we go and you can be my tour guide? Except no sleeping in train stations and I need a shower!

Visits from my friends!