Four of my darling friends at work decided Friday to make a 34 hour trip to Vegas to the see the Country Music Awards; they took pity on the married pregnant co-worker and invited me to come along! We had a blast. We started our road trip at 5 pm Saturday and returned home at 3 am Monday morning. The capstones of our Vegas vacation was In-&-Out Burger and somewhere in between eating burgers we managed a church service, a pool, primping for the award show, bargaining with scalpers and The Award Show! Noelle, Laura and Valerie had tickets to the show but Cheryl and I were banking on buying tickets from a scalper. When we got to the outside of the arena when the doors opened they were selling tickets for $1,000. I love country music but I do not love it that much. With scalping prices at a high we tried to sneak in the "fillers" (the people who sit in the celebrities seats when they perform or go to the bathroom) line but it turned out that we needed to be pre-screened and be wearing a wrist band. Feeling like our options were out we took a seat on a bench and people watched which was spectacular as you can imagine. With 20 minutes before the doors closed Cheryl and I decided to see if the high rolling scalper had lowered their prices, they had come down from the thousands to the hundreds. As we scanned the area for more scalpers I saw a very large cowboy give a group next to us 3 tickets for FREE! Without hesitation I ran after him and said, "Sir, do you have any more tickets?" He responded to me that he only had one and handed me a ticket. I immediately looked down at the face value to see what we had to work with, $450! We couldn’t believe our eyes. We traded the ticket for 2 tickets and made it into our seats before the doors closed! SUCCESS! The show was amazing with great performances from, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, Kenny Chesney, George Strait, Brooks and Dunn, Sugarland and a medley of greatest hits by the one and only Garth Brooks! We had a fun filled 34 hours with NO REGRETS!
Chery, Me, Laura & Noelle waiting for our order at In-&-Out
Looking creepy in the burger hat
Getting ready country style to walk the red carpet
Me & Val at dinner before the show
Cheryl, Me, Noelle, Valerie & Laura posing in the MGM lobby
Me & Cheryl showing off our tickets for FREE! Thank you rich cowboy!



15 comments:
How fun! And I need to see some better pics of the baby bump. Mine is growing like crazy!
I am SO jealous! Looks like a blast!
I would like to say that I am surprised that you got in, but I am not! You are Sara Jane and you get into anything! P.S. I went to school with Noelle, we had a few classes togehter, small world! I was in St. G you should have stoppe and picked me up!
SO JEALOUS!!! And you look so cute preggo!
You have got to be kidding me! I love that you are always up for having fun. Do you remember when we told my parents we were going to go to a movie and we drove to Vegas?!! I have so much fun with you... Next trip is to Texas!
How fun does that sound I am jealous! I love your darling black dress you are a hot momma!!!
Oh man. Everyone is so jealous of you. You are the best for spontaneous fun. The baby might put a damper on that. But if you ever feel the need to jet off for another vegas getaway I will watch the little tike. Love ya
Oh man. Everyone is so jealous of you. You are the best for spontaneous fun. The baby might put a damper on that. But if you ever feel the need to jet off for another vegas getaway I will watch the little tike. Love ya
That is why I love you. My mom would be proud to call you a daughter-in-law. She could always pull stuff like that off!
I'm seriously jealous. I'm glad you got to do something fun too. Enjoy it cause like we said those moments of spontaneity are over in about T minus 15 weeks. Ahhhhhhhhhh I'm so excited for a little buddy.
I'm still suffering from jealousy blackouts.
SOOO FUN! I am glad there are still fun girls at work! You look smoking hot! I love that I get to live a crazy life through you still! Love you!
Wow that looks fun. You look beautiful glammorized or not!
Does Val know there's a scandalous picture of her in towel posted on the internet?
Yes. I do realize that this happened now two months ago, but I had a slow evening where the right thing to do seemed to be catching up on blogs... thanks for the reminder of the great memories. No regrets! And you will ALWAYS be my friend that can talk her way in to anything!
Sara and Chris, Mom and I couldn't be more thrilled for you, Graham Christopher was worth every additional minute of the wait, even if he didn't make it into the Club of Threes...
Love ya, hugs from both of us to the three of you,
Gunda and Cindy
Post a Comment